Nothing screams summertime like sipping on a glass of ice cold lemonade! Well, y’all should know by now that I don’t do anything ‘simple.’ I’m always told that I’m extra and that’s alright, I will own that! LOL I crafted this light and refreshing Sparkling Strawberry Lavender Lemonade and I am sure that you guys are going to love this. In fact, it’s already been peer reviewed by several taste testers and it passed with flying colors!
The Reason Behind the Sparkling Strawberry Lavender Lemonade
I know what y’all are thinking, why the heck couldn’t I just make regular strawberry lemonade like everyone else and call it a day! Lavender lemonade has been on my mind for some time now. The first time I had some was a few years back at a food truck festival and I fell in love. I was scrolling Instagram and saw lavender lemonade recently and remembered that I had wanted to make some. I didn’t want just lavender lemonade though; I also wanted fresh strawberry lemonade so I decided to combine the two. Then to jazz those two flavors up I wanted to add sparkling water and BAM, we have Sparkling Strawberry Lavender Lemonade!
And I’m sitting here typing this post drinking a tall cold glass while simultaneously watching Suits on USA. It’s one of my favorite shows ev-ah! Anyway, this is second-day Sparkling Strawberry Lavender Lemonade so not much sparkling left. LOL But the flavors has had more time to meld together and OMG is it ah-maaazing! The tart lemons and the subtle lavender flavor of the homemade lavender syrup, blended with the perfectly sweet strawberries and a hint of vanilla extract really makes this lemonade ‘extra’ like me! *insert laughing emoji*
Don’t be afraid to turn this into an adult beverage by spiking it with a little vodka or even some tequila! Prosseco works too.
Tips for the Sparkling Strawberry Lavender Lemonade
As always, I like to use organic ingredients and encourage you to do the same. I freshly squeezed the lemons (not by hand, y’all, because ain’t nobody got time for that so I used an electric citrus juicer). I puréed the strawberries in my Blendtec with some water to thin it out enough to be able to push through a fine mesh strainer because we don’t to be slurping seeds here. Also made a simple syrup and then added dried lavender to it and then steeped it for 30 minutes. You can find dried lavender in the spice section of a well-stocked grocery store or you can use fresh lavender, just make sure it’s culinary grade. You can definitely make the lavender simple syrup ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to make the lemonade.
Now about the sparkling water, I own a soda siphon so I just add water to the siphon and then carbonate it with a seltzer charger (CO2). If you have a SodaStream you could use that or you could just buy a bottle of seltzer or sparkling water at the grocery store. I would stay away from mineral sparkling water because the minerals might leave a slight aftertaste with the lemonade. But if that’s your thing then, by all means, go for it!
Oh, I also don’t add ice to the pitcher because I don’t want to dilute the lemonade too much so I just offer to add ice to individual glasses so people can decide how much ice they want in their Sparkling Strawberry Lavender Lemonade.
Well, that’s all that I am going to bug y’all with. Go ahead and grab your pitcher and get to making some of this refreshing lemonade. Have you ever tried lavender lemonade before? Let me know in the comment section below! Also, make sure you connect with me on social media so we can chat whenever. Here are my links: Bloglovin’,Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Snapchat (@merci_britte) to stay up-to-date. Also please subscribe to my YouTube channel because I will be adding more recipe and chat videos soon!
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons organic dried lavender
- 2 cups organic strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 6 organic large lemons
- 1 cup Lavender Simple Syrup
- Strawberry Puree
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups cold sparkling water
- In a small saucepan, add organic cane sugar, water, and dried lavender. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover with a lid and let it steep for 15 minutes. After the time has elapsed uncover the saucepan and allow the simple syrup to cool for 15 minutes. After the syrup has cooled, strain it through a fine mesh strainer, pushing the lavender with the back of a spoon to squeeze out all of the syrup.
- In a blender, combine hulled and sliced strawberries with the ½ cup of water. Blend until strawberries are fully puréed. Strain the purée through a fine mesh strainer, pushing with a spoon to try to get as much of the purée through the strainer without the seeds going through.
- Squeeze the lemons using a citrus reamer, electric citrus juicer, or by hand.
- In a large pitcher, add the strawberry purée, then add the lemon juice, the lavender simple syrup, vanilla extract, water, and sparkling water. Stir to combine. Pour over ice-filled glasses and serve with a lemon slice and strawberry, if desired.